Sunday, April 26, 2009

From the Bottom of My Heart

I've been thinking a lot about what to write here for my next entry. With each post, the pressure gets more intense, mostly because every day at least one new person comes up to me and tells me they read (and love!) my blog, usually with an air of "This is going to sound creepy but...."

I didn't make this, but if I did, I would give it to you! To eat!

First of all, I'd like to address all you WMWC readers (since apparently there are some of you! Maybe even a lot of you!) I want to say a hearty thank you, because it really warms my heart every time I hear from someone about this silly blog here. I spend a lot of time on these entries and tend to think of them as personal essays. I ruminate on them and I edit them, and I also think about YOU, Cupcake Lovers (Ooh, I like that!) I try not to whine about my life, leaning instead towards insights I've gleaned from living the Oh So Exciting life of a 21-year-old college student. And regardless of whether you know me in real life or not, I really appreciate your reading this... and even more so, I really appreciate your enjoying it! So please, keep reading, comment if you'd like, and never hesitate to talk to me about it in person because I am honored that you even take the time to wave that cursor over my URL and exert the energy to click.

That sounded sort of dirty. Something about, "Wave that cursor over my URL..."

Wow, sorry. Please ignore that.

Beyond the "thank you" that I felt was really necessary, I also want to provide a few updates that have to do with previous entries. On Friday we get the keys to our beautiful Brooklyn Nook (that's definitely its new title) and it just dawned on me that we need to somehow get furniture. And move things. And suddenly I'm not as ecstatic anymore since the prospect of moving my whole life from this dorm AND from Connecticut to Brooklyn is sort of terrifying. But still, I'm excited, and BiddyLuddy and I are trekking there on Friday to toast a glass of champagne to The Best Summer Ever and to The Brooklyn Nook.

Past the apartment news, you will be proud to know that my Sports Knowledge is working wonders. Not necessarily in the man department, but in overall adorable-ness. Also in the life department, because I'm finding intense pleasure in watching Yankee games and finally knowing all the names in the starting lineup, something I haven't been able to do since 8th grade. I figure the Yankees are the closest thing I have to a school team (NYU baseball is existent, but who cares? We're "In And Of The City" so I'm claiming the Bronx Bombers. Bite me.) And I felt super cool the other night when I really DID use my Chien-Ming Wang line... which went a little something like "Dude! His ERA is, like, 36!" It got a laugh. I'm practically a pro. I think my next line is going to be "Hey, does anybody else think Kevin Youkilis looks kind of like a serial killer? No? Okay." That one might not work as well, but I'll keep you updated.

Unfortunately, the deadly combination of Sports Knowledge and Sunny Weather is bringing out a glumness I'm having trouble fighting, all to do (of course) with The Well-Intentioned Ex-Boyfriend. (Side note: Someone actually referred to him as that out loud the other day. I love how my blog is taking over my life! This is not sarcasm!) It's not just that the last time it was this sunny and beautiful I was falling head-over-heels in love with him. It's also the fact that I just REALLY want to ask him what he thinks about Mark Sanchez and the Jets. That's really strange, I know, but I just want to hear him talk about their new draft pick in the way only a guy who watches too many hours of ESPN can talk about stuff like that. Call me crazy, but I find it fascinating. Oh well. I guess I'm just going to have to secretly watch ESPN when my roommates aren't home and keep reading the Sports section tucked into Arts and Leisure.

Of course, as I write this entry, the Yankees are blowing it. Again. But I don't care, maybe they'll come through for me. Plus, I have readers... and people who think I'm interesting! And it's finally getting warm out, which means I don't have to wear pants! (No worries - I'm no Lady Gaga enthusiast. I'm just all about skirts.) Thanks again, WMWC readers, and keep reading!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Try the line about how Youkilis looks like a Neo-nazi. Serial killers are a dime a dozen in this town, baby!