Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TBK2M #1

In an effort to spice things up and update my blog more often, I'm going to try to introduce some less time-consuming fare. Here's one new addition to WMWC. I call it TBK2M (which looks unsettlingly like NKOTB to me.) What does it stand for?

Thoughts Best Kept To Myself

(I put the "2" in there for the edginess factor. Since a blog named after romance and dessert needs all the "edgy" it can muster.)

Anyway, in TBK2M I'll give you insight into the brief, mostly strange, somewhat entertaining things that pop into my head. You know what I mean. Those thoughts that make you giggle out loud walking down the street because you're like "Wow, I can't believe I just thought that!" The thoughts that are best kept to yourself. The thoughts I'm going to post anyway.

Today's TBK2M?


Leaning exhaustedly against a pole on the L train today, I thought:

Hey, would rock climbing enhance my ability to pole dance? Both activities require upper body strength. Would pole dancing enhance my ability to rock climb?

Then I remembered, oh hey, I don't know HOW to pole dance.

But how hard could it be? It's basically only done by women, and we're not really known for our buff upper bodies and superhuman arm strength.

THEN I decided that the next time I'm alone in a subway car, I'm gonna give it a go. Pole dancing is one of those weird things that's still taboo in America. The kind of thing that's only okay on cringe-worthy shows like Daisy of Love or whatever. But it looks SO fun. Like a cross between sliding down a fireman's pole and playing on a swing set.

Bottom line: Next time there's a pole and no one's looking, I'm trying it.

1 comment:

R.W.H, said...

I've totally pole-danced when alone on a subway car, and I feel like I'm not alone in this experience. Maybe I'm wrong. ::shrug::